Disciple-making Movements Training Description
In this 4-5 day workshop you will be trained to find God-prepared people in the harvest and disciple them to start simple churches among their relational networks that will reproduce disciples, churches and leaders.
We follow the Luke 10 model of:
- Praying - being dependent and led by the Holy Spirit, being aware of what God is already doing and joining Him in His work.
- Meeting - finding God-prepared people, sharing Jesus stories and our testimonies, healing the sick, and leading them to follow Jesus.
- Making - training disciples that make disciples that reproduce.
- Gathering - gathering groups and training them in implementing a simple model of New Testament church.
- Sending - equipping emerging leaders to pioneer in new mission fields.
- Multiplying - seeing multiple generations of disciples, leaders and churches from the harvest.
The morning consists of interactive training with lots of storytelling, practice and roleplaying. In the afternoons, we follow Jesus' Luke 10 model of sending by going out as churches of 2-4 to find God-prepared people that we will train to reach their friends, neighbors and family with the gospel. The team of trainers will model and coach how to put into practice lessons learned.
These trainings work best with around 10 - 12 participants.
Expectations for the Host/Training Team:
- Encourage One Another
Of the Host:
- The host is required to provide a meeting facility.
- The host is responsible for housing the training team. (3 - 4 people)
- The host is responsible for providing meals for the training team. (3 - 4 people)
- The host is responsible for providing in-country transportation for the training team. (3 - 4 people)
- The host determines if a fee is to be charged to the participants to assist with meals.
- The host is responsible for determining if the participants will be housed or day participants.
- The host will be responsible for all marketing, registration, and participants.
- The host will be responsible for providing all handout materials. (ie. books, paper, workbook activities, etc.)
Of the Training Team:
- The trainers will be responsible for all travel to and from the country.
- The trainers will be responsible for delivering the content materials and certificates to those who qualify.
- The trainers will be responsible for ongoing coaching after the gathering is completed.